Small and Mid-Market Focus
The team has a strong reputation in identifying mispriced and under-the-radar opportunities with solid downside protection, which it sources within the European small and middle-market companies via three channels:
Kartesia invests in companies which are backed by a sponsor (previous majority or minority transactions) or which are led by strong management team or long term family driven shareholders.
Our key investment criteria:
- Headquarters in the European Union or Central Europe.
- EBITDA greater than €3/4m.
- Industry agnostic with recent investments in manufacturing companies as well as business services and consumer goods sectors. We do not invest in pure real estate assets or shipping services.
- The use of proceeds are generally to finance a leveraged buyout; complete a recapitalisation or restructuring; provide liquidity; or support a business following a restructuring.
- Kartesia is able to provide a tailored solution with considerable flexibility when structuring terms.
Our versatile approach enables us to remain open to a variety of transactions from small single positions to entire debt portfolio purchases. Additionally, with the backing of our cornerstone investors and limited partners, we are able to look at the acquisition of portfolios well in excess of €300m, or single investments in excess of €100m.